Let me share with you the obvious reasons why self-love is so important when it comes to your happiness (it’s not just the latest yogi crazy).
On the opposite side of self-love lies self-doubt, self-hatred, self-loathing, self-neglect and other negative “self” behaviours. They are abundant in the world and cause so much inner suffering, loneliness, and pain… all of which make you unhappy and effect how you show up every day.
The only way to turn these around or remove these negative mindsets and behaviours is with self-love.
And self love naturally comes with a host of positive emotions such as joy, contentment and peace, all of which displace this unhappiness too.
When you look at it this way, don’t you agree that it’s a no-brainer that self love and happiness go hand in hand?
Sometimes when people hear the word “self-love” they associate it with the word “selfish,” but it is not.
Self-love is needed for your own happiness and enables you to respect yourself, value yourself, empower yourself and inspire yourself.
Loving yourself doesn’t (and shouldn’t) take away from loving others, as being selfish does.
Self-love allows you to embrace who you are and, as a result, be come better at loving not only yourself but others… which in turn creates more happiness around you.
But if you are still not convinced – here are 7 reasons why self-love is key to your happiness.
1 .YOU treat yourself the way you want others to treat YOU.
2. YOU give yourself what YOU normally want or need others to give YOU (like respect and recognition).
3. YOU listen to your own needs first before YOU take care of others.
4. YOU stop trying to hide your talents and passions by playing small or sitting on the sidelines.
5. YOU trust your own wisdom and choose to speak and live by it, even though others may disagree.
6. YOU feel comfortable and relaxed with who YOU are and don’t compare yourself to others.
7. YOU trust your inner guidance and follow your heart.
Want to work on your Self Love and Happiness now?
Join our newsletter by clicking ‘Sign me up’ on this page and you’ll get access to our 7 day Self Love challenge that starts on the 12th February.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.